Thursday, April 5, 2012

No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs

I absolutely love this tip.  It makes me feel like a Samurai.  Ok, not really; but it's perfect for making deviled eggs or another hard-boiled egg recipe since you likely have to cut the egg in half anyway.  Instead of spending several minutes per egg trying to peel off the shell, simply cut through the shell with a sharp knife and then scoop out the egg with a spoon.  There may be some shell remnants left around the cut.  I gently removed the yolk and rinsed the white off to be sure there were no pieces of shell on the eggs.

Tips and Tricks: Personally, I used a dish towel to stabilize the egg and prevent cutting my fingers.  I also used the tip of the knife to poke a small hole in the shell first to help guide the knife and keep it from slipping on the shell.  This is much faster, although I would still hardboil eggs that have been purchased a few days in advance.  One of my eggs was more difficult to scoop out of the shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment