Saturday, July 21, 2012

Momma's Zucchini Bread

This afternoon I decided to bake some Zucchini Bread!  There's nothing like fresh Zucchini Bread topped with butter while it's still warm from the oven.  This is the recipe that my mom has been using ever since I was a kid.  I wouldn't ever use another recipe for traditional zucchini bread.  This one is far too yummy!

Ingredients:
Note: I use self-rising flour so I skip the 
baking power, baking soda, and salt.


3 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups peeled, then grated zucchini
3 teaspoons of vanilla
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt (See Note)
1/4 tablespoon baking powder (See Note)
1 tablespoon baking soda (See Note)
3 teaspoons cinnamon (I use a bit extra)
1 cup walnuts, or your preference
2 greased 9x5x3 loaf pans


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix wet & dry ingredients separately.  Beat eggs just until frothy.  Add zucchini, oil, and vanilla.  Stir to incorporate.


Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Add nuts to dry ingredients and stir.  Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl.  Stir until just blended.

Pour batter into greased loaf pans.  Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.  Insert a toothpick into the center.  If it comes out clean, the bread is done.  Serve while warm.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment