Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

Tried my hand at baked oatmeal this morning, and I came across this recipe after I mixed up my own recipe.  I think I will try this recipe next time.  It sounds very good, but I think I'll skip the cranberries.  If you have any left over, it reheats well in the microwave for busy weekday mornings.  Try replacing the cranberries, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice with chopped apple, applesauce, and allspice.


Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats or 5-grain blend
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 cups plain soy milk (or dairy milk)
2 beaten eggs
1 Tbs vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts


Directions:
Combine oats, sugar, dried fruits, spices, and salt in large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl, then add to large bowl and stir until well blended. Pour mixture, which will be very runny, into an 8×8 inch, glass baking dish. Sprinkle nuts on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until center is set and firm. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment