Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blueberry Cardamom Cheesecake

I haven't tried this recipe, but these little guys look so cute I couldn't resist sharing for this week's Blueberry Tuesday recipe.  Another thing I like about this recipe from Green Chef Heather Pace, is that it is entirely made with healthy ingredients.  I'll be trying this one soon.  Let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
For the Crust:
1 cup walnuts
2/3 cup pitted, packed dates

For the Filling:
3 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
6 tablespoon melted cacao butter

Directions:
For the crust:
1. Grind both ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of water if the mixture is too crumbly.
3. Press the crust into pans of choice. I used mini silicone muffin cups. Set aside.

For the filling:
1. In a blender, combine all but the cacao butter, until completely smooth and creamy.
2. Add the butter and blend again to incorporate.
3. Pour the mixture over the crust(s)
4. Chill in the fridge or freezer until firm. Since the freezer means less chilling time, I prefer it.
5. Garnish with blueberries, edible flowers, or any other garnish of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment